Posted May 04, 2023
Company Reports on Progress Made Year Over Year
As part of its efforts to continue expanding and improving its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) program, California Water Service Group today released its annual ESG Report and ESG Analyst Download. The 2022 report details progress made across Group’s subsidiaries last year on their relevant ESG focus areas, while the supplementary analyst download provides Group’s key ESG data that it believes is relevant to the Company’s stakeholders.
Highlights featured in the California Water Service Group ESG Report include both ongoing efforts to support the Company’s ESG strategy and objectives along with significant, new achievements, such as:
- An updated inventory of greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, plus a commitment to setting absolute, science-based Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions reduction targets by Q3 2024.
- Investment of $328 million in infrastructure to improve resiliency, water quality, sustainability, and other needs, an increase of about $35 million over 2021.
- More than $6.1 million invested in water conservation rebates and programs, which is estimated to help customers save about 180 million gallons of water annually, compared to 47.8 million gallons of water saved annually through 2021 rebates and programs.
- Wildfire mitigation projects, such as the addition of more backup generators and clearance of fire breaks around key facilities.
- Contribution of $1.58 million to charitable organizations that share Group’s purpose to enhance the quality of life in its communities.
- Local community events to help low-income customers take advantage of rate assistance and other programs.
“While doing the right thing has always been in our DNA, our ESG program helps us not only track our continued progress year after year, it also helps us more strategically expand our commitments to our customers, communities, employees, and stockholders,” said Marty Kropelnicki, President and CEO. “I’m pleased to publish this year’s ESG disclosures, as they showcase the strides we have made; however, we will not rest with these accomplishments but rather strive to keep doing more to provide quality, service, and value to our stakeholders.”